Polystone is a porous material compounded largely of polyurethane resin mixed with a powdered stone additive that gives its patina. It is a cold-cast material in which no heat is used in the manufacturing process. Natural blemishes and fractures are characteristics caused by the casting process.
Polystone can stain if not completely protected.
- To avoid staining use carnauba wax or granite sealer when polishing.
- If a stain occurs, use steel wool; extra fine #0000, to remove the stain. Then polish with carnauba wax to return the sheen.
- Wait two days before placing anything on the table after waxing.
Everyday Maintenance & Spills:
- Use a damp cloth for everyday cleaning.
- If a spill occurs, immediately clean it up with a dry cloth.