Job Opportunity: Retail Sales Manager (Full Time, Bethlehem)
The Retail Sales Manager (RSM) will work closely with the Executive Team and Director of Operations to lead the company’s sales teams to meet daily goals while exceeding the expectations of each guest by offering the best in customer service. With a constant eye on the sales floor, the RSM will adjust staffing as needed and ensure every guest receives dedicated personal attention. The Retail Sales Manager will act as a mentor and coach while developing creative ways to encourage the sales team to meet goals and turn out a top-notch performance every day. This position will provide productive feedback and thoughtful guidance to individual sales associates, grooming them for advancement on the sales team. The retail sales manager will also lead and provide direction to store associates performing all cashiering, customer service, recovery, and furniture-related activities on the sales floor.
- Model exceptional customer service and selling skills while personally working the sales floor
- Train, schedule shifts, and supervise sales teams
- Set objectives, plan, organize, and direct sales associates to meet objectives and maximize their potential
- Consult with each sales associate to establish realistic sales goals for the month and action plan. Offer them coaching, advice, support, and motivation when needed in order to help them meet their sales objectives.
- Monitor each sales associate’s daily performance and compare it with current objectives
- Drive the customer experience and ensure resolution of customer issues
- Maximize merchandising efforts by using effective displays and controlling signage; sales floor or store arrangement to ensure that they are attractive and welcoming
- Oversee all aspects of associate performance, sales, operations and financial performance.
- Establish and implement individual and team goals.
- Effectively communicate with all partnering departments and management.
- Coordinate placement of merchandise on the showroom floor with store management.
- Create a work environment where associates work with the understanding that their own success is largely dependent on the success of the team
- Set expectations and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and the company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, selection, hiring, and training of sales team members in collaboration with the Executive Team
- Assist in the development and implementation of a sales training program
- Lead and provide direction to store associates performing all cashiering, customer service, recovery, and sales-related activities
- Partner with the executive team to establish and communicate all critical metrics and expectations within our stores, including but not limited to sales, visual, operations, safety, loss prevention, human resources, payroll/scheduling and training
- Participate in weekly store walk-throughs with the executive team and follow-up as required
- Perform additional functions that may be assigned at the discretion of management.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience in a retail environment
- Professional communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to quickly learn new programs
- Experience with Macintosh computers, Zoho CRM and Google Workspace highly encouraged
- Strong mentoring, coaching and development skills
- Proven track record of sales success in a retail environment
- Desire to succeed within a revenue-driven atmosphere
- Reliable transportation
- Full-time, 30-40 hours per week
- Able to work a flexible schedule; including nights, most weekends, some holidays, and special events
- Hourly compensation PLUS performance based commission and bonus opportunities
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Parking Allowance
- Generous Team Member Discount
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description at any time.