Caring for Cast Iron
- Mix water and a mild detergent solution in a bucket and mix thoroughly.
- Wipe down the table top and rinse the table with cool clean water.
- Dry the table top with a soft, lint-free cloth or towel.
Cleaning Cast Iron Furniture Blemished by a Dusting of Light Rust
- Clean the affected areas with brass or steel wire brush, wiping it down afterward with a dry cloth to eliminate residual particles.
- Next, scrub the furniture with a solution of water and mild soap. Thoroughly dry the piece once it's clean.
- Seal cast iron furniture with a liberal application of polyurethane.