Guest Blog: Mara Clements of MoreSPACE Organizing
The warmer weather brings with it the inspiration and motivation to start fresh, especially at home. But with all the piles of clutter in each room, it can be hard to know where to start. If you’re ready to reclaim your space and uncover peace in your home this Spring, here are a few tips to help you on your way!
- Envision your ideal lifestyle. Give yourself permission to dream about how you want to feel and function in your home. Write it down or share your vision with a friend!
- If you’re working with a professional, choose your most stressful room to start with to take advantage of their expertise. If you’re working on your own, you may want to tackle the easiest spaces first so you can get quick, encouraging results to keep the decluttering ball rolling.
- Empty out the small spaces you want organized and do a deep clean if you’re feeling extra motivated!
- Clear a space on your floor to set up piles for trash, donation, selling, relocating, and keeping.
- Categorize the items you are choosing to bring into your future and consolidate like-things to see how much you have and decide how much you need to keep.
- Make a list of the things you need to contain what you’re keeping, whether that’s a desk, a set of drawers, a bookshelf, or just simple bins and baskets.
- Label where you can! This will help you STAY organized.
- If you have the space, add color and light with pieces that bring you to life like art, lamps, and/or plants.
I hope these ideas help you jumpstart your Spring decluttering so you can really begin to love where you live! If you have any questions or want to share what is working for you, I would love for you to reach out to me on social media or through my website at www.MoreSpaceOrganizing.com. Happy Spring!
Based out of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, MoreSPACE exists to empower their clients to own their peace by reclaiming their space.
They work alongside you to help with downsizing, simplifying, organizing, and styling so you can live and work in an environment that functions efficiently and invites you to thrive.
Leave a comment
Also in Domaci Dispatch
For many students moving into college dorms, they are facing their first experience of having to decorate a space and make it their own. That can seem like a daunting task, but these 5 Quick Tips for Decking Out Your Dorm can make it easier to create a work and sleep space that shows their personality.
We're mixing it up for April's First Friday on the SouthSide of Bethlehem. Join us as we talk Real Estate, dive into your interior design dream project all while enjoying free beer, live music and great shopping!