Classically Easy Chicken Noodle Soup•
Posted on March 28 2021
Warmer days may be ahead, but we truly believe that a good, simple, old-fashioned bowl of chicken noodle soup has the perfect mix of ingredients to soothe your soul, no matter what the world has in store for you. Featuring our Viking Enamell Cast Iron, 7 Quart Dutch Oven in charcoal.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz egg noodles
- 4 cups shredded chicken breast
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- parmesan cheese, shredded, to taste
- Heat the olive oil until shimmering over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add the onion, carrots, celery, and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cooking, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are very soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Making ahead? Do not add the noodles or parsley. Cool and refrigerate the soup in an airtight container for four days, or in the freezer for up to two months. Reheat on the stove and add the noodles and parsley just before serving.
- Add the noodles and cook 6 minutes, then add the chicken and cook about 2 minutes more, until the noodles are cooked through and the chicken is warmed through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in the parsley.
- Serve topped with Parmesan and enjoy!
New for 2023: The D...
Bethlehem and the greater Lehigh Valley is a land of many festivals throughout the year. The fact that there is always something happening is why w...Read More
Domaci Unveils New ...
Domaci is pleased to announce their newest community focused initiative called Home & Heart, a monthly program which aims to highlight and supp...Read More
Studio Spotlight: H...
I first met Michele when she came into the store one evening with her daughter. Their eyes lit up with excitement once they learned about our desig...Read More