Caring for Reclaimed Wood•
Posted on May 11 2020
Each piece is hand-crafted from reclaimed and recycled woods with unique characteristics. Natural splits and knots, weathering and wear from years of exposure, and mars left from previous use create a rich palette of rustic textures and colors.
The one-of-a-kind character of reclaimed wood is thoughtfully preserved in each design. Crafted with classic joinery, each piece is hand-finished in sophisticated neutral tones to enhance natural patinas as well as protect surfaces for everyday use.
Care for your Reclaimed Furniture
Reclaimed woods are distinctly marked by the environment and the passage of time. Unique features of the wood including small knots, splits, and cracks have been preserved to add rustic character to each piece. By their nature, salvaged woods will respond to changes in temperature and humidity. Maintain yours with these care essentials:
- Dust regularly with a clean, dry cloth in the direction of the grain.
- Do not use furniture polish, ammonia-based cleaners, or other chemicals.
- Address spills immediately by wiping with a dry, soft cloth.
- Use coasters, placemats, and trivets to protect surfaces from wet or hot cups or dishes.
- Avoid direct contact between sharp objects and the surface to prevent scratching.
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
- Always lift and carry, do not drag, when moving furniture.
Our 3 Favorite Ways...
Musikfest 2021 may have come and gone, but that doesn't mean you have to wait another year to feast on one of ultimate 'fest foods. Head on down to...Read More
Style Trend: Classi...
Trend Description Classic Traditional creates timeless styles for generations to come. This style incorporates more formal elements. Usually when...Read More
Style Trend: Coastal
Trend Description While certainly inspired by seaside living, the coastal design style can be incorporated into any home regardless of locale. Wit...Read More